Taste of Lawrence is a three-day food and cultural festival that takes place in the Wexford Heights BIA. As Scarborough’s largest street festival it boasts the most enticing flavours from every cultural community in the GTA. Locals and tourists alike come to the festival to experience the Taste firsthand as they celebrate their cultures and learn about the rich heritage of others.
The festival was founded 12 years ago by Councillor Michael Thompson and a group of community members who had a vision for attracting visitors to the vibrant community on Lawrence Ave that is now known as the Wexford Heights BIA . The first event was held in a local parking lot and attracted just over one thousand people. However, with diligence and vision from the councillor and the BIA, the festival population has grown to accepting more than 130,000 people onto Lawrence Ave.
Some notable attractions:
- Exceptional International Food Options! This is the place to be for a FOODIE!
- Over 130 street vendors.
- Midway rides and amusements on the street for family fun!
- 2 fully functional live entertainment stages with headlining entertainment!
- Constant support from Ward 37 Councillor Michael Thompson provides excellent opportunities for community engagement.
- Volunteer opportunities! Constantly engaging youth from local schools, and other community members.
- A true world festival. People of all cultures participate in the event.
Festival Details are as Follows:
Date: July 3, 4, and 5, 2015
Location: Lawrence Ave. E. from Warden Ave. to Birchmount Rd.
- Friday July 3. 6pm-11pm
- Saturday July 4. 11am-11pm
- Sunday July 5. 11am-7pm